Monday, April 21, 2008

Essence of this Blog

Tao (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao), in short, is the unmoved mover, the thing that makes other things the things that they are. The essence of (life, the world, all of humanity - including the bureaus).Bureaucracy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureaucracy), also in short, the structure, and set of regulations in place to control activity, usually in large organizations and government. The thing that runs the other things.
Ryan Wagman is blogging again, and no longer blogging about himself (you try writing in third person about yourself). No - this time, it's business. This is a blog that deals with the essence of the way things are run.
Why do we do things the way we do them? Why are things done to us and why do we let them "happen" to us? Does shit really happen?
Maybe not as often as we might think/have thought/would like to believe.

In this blog, we will explore (we being me and whoever you are - you the reader) whatever we want. It bugs us, so let's tear it down and build it up again, according to our own vision. To put it biblically, if God created man in his own image, one part of that must be the drive to create. In fulfilling ourselves, we must be shaping our world. We are the content. We must make our own context.

If you have any suggestions, let me know - we will explore them, look for areas to recontextualize.
If there was ever anyone (I doubt it) who was interested in my sports musing, I have decided to seperate those into a spinoff blog, which will be called www.ofsticksandbats.blogspot.com, a play on the title of a picture book on hockey I had as a child. If that name is already taken, I'll reconsider.

Talk to me.

1 comment:

NG said...

I miss your old blog.