Sunday, September 9, 2007

A New Schedule

My re-acclimation continues in full swing.
Some of you may have wondered as to the cause of my recent absence.
Is no news always good news? No, but in this case, it mostly was.

My job search has reached fruition and I have been working as a Proposal Development Manager for four days now. Tomorrow marks day five. It is with an IT company (they'll remain nameless for the purposes of this blog) and the office is located in the heart of Toronto's financial district.
Very exciting stuff.
Just about two weeks ago, I responded to an ad on Craigslist for the position and within 2 hours, the Senior Project manager of the company called me. We spoke for half an hour or so and arranged to meet formally on the upcoming Monday for an interview. The interview went well, both the oral aspect and the written test. On Wednesday, he called me back to offer me the position and last Tuesday I began.

Which all leads to help explain my new blogging schedule. As work will keep me a lot more busy than my previous commitments in keeping track of baseball statistical analysis could, I will not be able to blog as frequently as I sometimes did. I will make strenuous efforts to write at least once a week from here on out.

This week brings us to the Jewish New Year. To those of you who are so inclined, I wish you a very happy and healthy Shana Tova!
This is a great time to look back on the last 12 months. I experienced great joys (my marriage - however legal, returning home to Toronto, a new job, good memories), some deep sorrows (the loss of my grandmother a few weeks ago, and the recent news of the much-too-young passing of my mother's cousin Robynne Neugebauer, as well as the bitter-sweetness of leaving my other home, Tel Aviv) and now look forward to continuing the challenges that await me in the upcoming year (full adjustment to our new life- we're already searching for our own apartment, planning a more festive and traditional wedding celebration, who knows what else.)

To those of you who have grown accustomed to seeing me on MSN or on Yahoo frequently, I must apologize as I no longer frequent those netwaves. I'll log in once in a while from home, but I stay away during regular work hours. I'll try to stay in touch through this channel, and I'm sure you can manage to find a way to reciprocate.

Until then, I remain yours,

Ryan

1 comment:

shira said...

kaparat avonot, may you and Maya and your entire family and herd of friends and fan will have a good year - health, money, drugs - the lot!
good luck on the new job - i wish you nice colleges with nice lunch boxes.
i'm so glad you didn't post another Canadian-sports-post. man, me was afraid the entire year would full of those. glad you've straighten back. keep the good work and keep in touch. ha ha ha