Sunday, September 23, 2007

Turning of the Screw

Are my energies flagging? Last week was a short post, and this week promises a repeat performance.
It could be that three months under my parents' roof has drained my creative juice. It could be that the desire to excel at my new job has diverted my other driving forces. I think both share in the truth.
I am starting to feel more comfortable in the office. It is definitely a different setup from what I was used to in Israel, but I will succeed in what I was hired to do. I will.
Maya and I got the apartment. We move next weekend. We still have to go in and sign the lease, but that is a matter of formality more than anything else.
We have secured a good portion of our future furniture, only lacking a kitchen set (table, 4 chairs) and some plates, bowls...
We do need to buy electronics, however. We're looking into getting a new PC. Although the cost is a little bit more prohibitive, we have been seriously considering joining the I-revolution and buying a Mac. If anybody out there reading this has any first hand knowledge and can provide me with a valid comparison, please do so. Soon.

In other news, hockey pooling is under way again. The baseball (regular) is winding down and the first true face-off is almost here. I had my Yahoo draft today - my star attraction is Joe Thornton - and I have promised to join my good friend, Rafi, in a pool of his own design and to help out at the draft of another. My mind is already gearing towards rethinking hockey value forming statistics.

I guess that's all for now.
I am still,

Ryan

1 comment: