Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Untitled

Keep those comments coming. A man needs encouragement in these trying times.

Not sure why the last post was spaced out like that. I, for one, did not like it.

We saw the Jays wallop the Twins last night at the 'dome (I will not call it by the new name).

On the plus side - We were sitting right on top of the Twins bullpen and got to see their pitchers warming up. I could see by his BP sessions that Neshek was not hitting his spots. Then he came in, walked the first two guys he faced and gave up a double to Wells.

On the down side, we were surrounded by a douche bag squadron. The whole section looked like a crew of 19 year olds who are very new to the legal drinking game and just don't yet know how to properly drink in public. Very loud, very annoying and couldn't tell their left from their right, not to mention their ass from the elbow (or mouth).

Another negative for me was that from our vantage point, I couldn't track the flight of the pitches as they were happening.

Interesting seats, but I think I'll go back to the infield next time.


Looking forward, I have a job interview tomorrow. At first glance the company in question seemed really interesting with many heavily branded clients in their portfolio. A more in-depth glance showed that their own website was kind of vague and not really telling me much about what they actually did for their clients. Further internet searching produced very little outside of other job listings in their name.

So I'm a little apprehensive. Obviously, there's nothing lost by going to an interview, but I feel that I'll be interviewing them just as much as they will be interviewing me. I have a few other referrals on the go, so I'm not pinning all my hopes on this one.

Back to baseball for a sec before I sign off - Tom Glavine (love the lefties) just won his 299th career game. While there is much more to the game of baseball and the accomplishments therein than simple milestones, they are nice and alot of fun to mark. After spending most of his prime sharing the spotlight with Greg Maddux and John Smoltz (usually taking less than his share of the accolades) Glavine should really enjoy this moment

2 comments:

phathead36 said...

i would really enjoy to read something fictional of your work, something kafkasque. i think your most important assignment on earth is to write cause you have a real talent. don't stress too hard over the task of finding work its just gonna take some time and then you can work for ever.

shira said...

dear Maya and Ryan,
mazal tov for your civil marriage today!!! in case you didn't know, today it's TU be-AV, the Jewish valentines!!!! so even if you don't think of the civil wedding as a romantic event, at least you picked a Jewish-romantic date for it!!!!
it's sooooo cute!!!!